- 07 Sep 2022
- Updated on 07 Sep 2022
Thank you for utilizing the new Administration menu within Aspire! The user interface has undergone tremendous upgrades and enhancements to improve the user experience of Aspire's system administrators. With this being said, most of the same functionality and controls have been preserved. System Administrators will need to be aware of the changes and additions that are described below:
- All of the user interface screens have been updated.
- Some sections and sub-sections have been intuitively renamed.
- New sections have been added.
- Some sections have been moved or removed.
This training guide will be a helpful quick resource that you can readily refer to as you familiarize yourself with the new look and feel of the new Administration menu. Please consider the following:
- To quickly navigate to a specific sub-section, click on the hyperlink within the section that you are navigating to in the What's New and Moved matrix.
- For a quick general understanding of significant changes please review the information listed under the following:
- New and Moved Sections
- What's New?
- Additional Sections
- Where is?...
- Element Changes
Below are images displaying the old(left) and new (right) Administration menus. The new menu is a navigational bar displaying sections at the top of the screen and sub-sections appear just below them.
New and Moved Sections
The matrix below captures the following changes:
- New Sections: There are three new Administration sections - User Management, Notification, and Favorites.
- Renamed Sections: CRM was renamed to Site Audit.
- Removed Sections: The Purchasing and Scheduling sections have been removed. The functions associated with both sections have been moved to modules in the Main Menu of Aspire. For more information, view the Where to Find Subsections Belonging to Moved Section portion of this guide.
- Relocated sub-sections: API, Required Fields, Web Report Designer, Manage Forms, Manage Users, Manage User Roles, Manage Devices, Manage Budgets, Manage Inventory Locations, Manage and Manage Routes have all been relocated. Manage Routes and Inventory locations have been moved to modules within the Main Menu of Aspire.
Site Audit (CRM)
Configuration (Application Configuration)
New Administration or Main Menu Location
Previous Administration Location
Web Report Designer
Manage User Roles
Manage Inventory Locations
Within this table, is a summary of the major Administration menu upgrades.
|The Administration menu is displayed as a horizontal navigation bar instead of a display of icons to symbolize each section. Sections and sub-sections appear in alphabetical order from the left to the right of your screen. With the exception of the Configuration section, which is fixed to the right side of your screen.|
|There is now a new Favorite section. As a system administrator, you can bookmark up to 10 sub-sections from sections within the Administration menu by clicking on the Star icon that will appear in the right corner of your screen next to the Configuration section. Any sub-section that is favorited will appear in the Favorites section in chronological order. A yellow star indicates that the sub-section is favorited, and a clear star indicates that it is not favorited. Only sub-sections that appear in the navigation bar of the Administration menu can be favorited. To un-favorite, a sub-section, click on the star icon again and it will be removed from your favorites list in the Favorite section. When navigating to the Administration menu, the Favorite section appears first by default.|
|The Application Configuration menu has been renamed to Configuration|
|The CRM section has been renamed to the Site Audit section.|
|The Evolution Administration menu was removed. The Application sections that previously existed within this menu have been moved to the Application section of the Administration menu and Notifications is now a new section within the Administration menu.|
|Users, User Roles, and Devices are listed under a new section called User Management.|
|The Purchasing and Scheduling admin sections have been removed.|
Where to Find Sub-sections Belonging to Removed sections
Both the Purchasing and Scheduling sections have been removed. Inventory Locations that once belonged under the Purchasing section is now in the Inventory section of the Purchasing module. The Forms section that once belonged under Purchasing, can now be found under the Application section of the Administration menu. The Managing Routes portion of Scheduling can directly be accessed by going to the More menu in the Scheduling module.
|Where is ? ...||Navigate to...||Screen|
Go to the Inventory tab of the Purchasing module.
Select Manage Routes from the More menu of the Scheduling Module.
Select the Custom Forms sub-section under the Application section of the Administration menu.
Below is a table juxtaposing the look of old elements with the ones that have an updated appearance.
|Function Name||Description||Old Appearance||New Appearance|
|Activate or Enable||Use this toggle button to activate and deactivate or enable and disable functions and items from the details screen.|
|Active or Inactive status||Mark the status of an item(s) as active or inactive from the search list screen|
|Advanced Search||Curate and manage information to display using advanced search functions (filter, display, sort, and group).|
|Confirmation Dialog Box|
|More Menu||Reveal the current options to Save As, My Default, Reset Advanced Search, Print Screen, and Export to Excel. You will also see the additional options to Delete List, Export to Excel(Current View), and Export to Excel (All Fields).|
|New||Add a new subject from the search list or details screen.|
|Save||Retain changes made on the search list and detail screens.|
|Search||Conduct a quick search on a search list screen.|